Ever since I started typing opinionated blogs in my last venue, I’ve always had interesting search strings attached to my blogs, including “Toastee from Flavor of Love,” “F)(% Bush,” and “hot sexy black @$$.” (Yes, I’m censoring myself a bit.) Since then I’ve tried my best to keep my references to pop culture and sex specific and concise, but even still Google did me no justice.
That is, until this blog.
Now, I’m associated with exactly what I like to be. Let’s check some of these, won’t we?
1. NYCTF –
Totally makes sense. I’m one of the more prominent fellows that blogs regularly about his experience. Unlike others in the Village Voice, I’ve had a more positive experience, but I’ll get into that
this week tomorrow.
2. Hot Ghetto Mess –
Not that I’m a Hot Ghetto Mess, but many of you took a liking to my commentary about HGM, and that’s great. Even with the name change, it doesn’t matter. BET is a HGM, so it’s ironically fitting that it’d be on that station.
3. Alex Rodriguez –
I don’t have a problem being associated with A-Rod at all. I find it rather hilarious really. He’s AL MVP as far as I’m concerned, and I called it since the beginning of the year. If
/ when he signs with the New York Yankees for the remainder of his career, I have a feeling you’ll see even more of his name around these parts. I just hope people aren’t looking for naked pictures of any strippers he’s been associated with.
4. Vilson –
Do I need to explain this? Though I find it funny that despite being the only Vilson in my family that can’t speak a lick of Haitian Creole, I’m the one that stands out in the Internet’s peripheral.
5. Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, select, and start –
This one’s my favorite because I’m now associated with only the greatest cheat code on Earth. For those not in the know, that was from the acclaimed video game Contra.
So I’ve been tagged by your girl, Ms. Whatsit, to do a bookmarks meme. This is how it works.This is a bookmarks meme where participants share some of the things they might have in their del.icio.us page (or in my case, my Firefox browser). If one doesn’t have a del.icio.us account, any old bookmark platform will do. The purpose is to share something about yourself that might not be apparent in a regular blog post. Here are the rules:
1) Once you’ve been tagged, link your most recent bookmarked pages back to your blog
2) Name the tag that you have used so others can access the links easily in a blog post
3) At the end of your post, tag 6 people and list their names, linking to them.
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged. (I might not be able to do this today)Here are six of the most recent bookmarks in my bookmarks folder:
1. Soulja Pooh Boy – a video interpretation of a popular Southern rap song, sponsored by Winnie the Pooh (funny ish)
2. Jack Wiler – His poetry is just hilarious yet sincere to me.
3. “Sin City” effect on Photoshop – This is where I got the inspiration to do that Sin City look my parent website has.
4. Pandagon’s “The Telltale WMD’s” – It’s not that bloggers want to take away people’s jobs; it’s that most political bloggers want them to do it fully and correctly.
5. The Manager’s Cheat Sheet: 101 Common Sense Rules for Leaders – A list of some of the things “leaders” often forget. Good for teachers, too.
6. Sad Kermit’s “Creep” – OMG, it’s so depressing but hilarious. Please, if you don’t do anything else, just click on this link. Oh fuck it. Here it is.
I’m supposed to tag other people here, but feel free to tag yourself.
jose, who’s got a thing for educational books, and lots of them