A few notes:
- 2Pac is a freakin’ legend. He’ll never truly rest in peace. He’ll always live on in the hearts and minds of those who were even so much as touched by his music. There, I said it. RIP means nothing for a man like that.
- The Acentos Workshop was really good. Can I share some? Why am I even asking? Of course, I’m going to share.
- As much as I’d love to get Beatles Rock Band, I’m scared I’ll never put it down. And might write keynotes instead of comments in my lesson plan.
- I’ve been livetweeting the VMAs. Mainly because there’s been no sight of Kurt Loder.
- I officially have an affinity for Lady GaGa. I said it. Everyone knows my flavor of woman, but Lady GaGa blew it out the water tonight.
- Why are people still talking to me, the web developer, like my services are free?
- If you haven’t added me on Facebook, please do. I’m going to read at a poetry spot soon and if you’re a fan, you’re going to miss it. I don’t want you to miss it.
- Tomorrow, be on the lookout for my letter to the president tomorrow. I showed my kids the education speech video everyone’s despised so much.
“Jamaica, Day 5” by Jose Vilson (feat. Marie-Elizabeth Mali)
Somewhere a little hotter than Yugoslavia
The day steals my sleep as waves
Carry in weeds and men on platano boats
A hard day’s night leaves
Roach spray scents in my bare feet
Alcohol-entangled brain liquid
Miexed with illegal-plant scented threads
Supplant me in my hammock
Hangovers expend my will and my pockets
Katana’d my wallet’s un-savings like
Deceptive 99c stores
Til the cash register screeched at my sight
Til Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds” said it’s gonna be alright
My soul seeks justice from last night’s paralysis
My body lies in protest of my misgivings
The gentle serenade at my door really my equilibrium’s hum