1. Wait, you mean Obama actually won Texas? Well then, maybe the MSM (mainstream media) has a lot to think about when it comes to responsible journalism. Not that I’m for or against either candidate, but it’s important to present the facts.
2. My impressions of Squidward and Gary of Spongebob Squarepants fame are becoming impeccable.
3. I finished Ch. 1 of my manuscript for the WOW Project. I know, I know, I shouldn’t be giving updates on that until I’ve personally handed in my manuscript to an agent, but I’m really excited.
5. My brother’s forearms are bigger than ever. I might have to check if dude’s on that HGH.
6. No really, my Apple Jacks actually have a nice apple taste, but it’s overpowered by that cinnamon.
Here are the rules:
- Post a picture or make/take/create your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about…and give your picture a short title.
- Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.
- Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network
Are you surprised? This iconic image is the representation of a freedom struggle of living in this country. On one end, they represented America in grand fashion, delivering 2 of the 3 top medals in their contest, and on the other end, they knew that their country wouldn’t afford them the same rights as Whites were during that period. If I showed this to my kids, I’d want them to understand that their strength didn’t just come from their superior athleticism, but also their heart and love for their people, and the intelligence to make a stand in the greatest world stage. (It’s also important to know that there were 3 protesters there. Peter Norman also wore a protest badge to show support for Tommie Smith and John Carlos.) The opportunities they’ve received wouldn’t have happened without the struggles that people before them faced; now it’s up to them to carry that torch.
As for the people I want to pass this onto, I got nothin’. Take it on if you want to.
7. At first I didn’t think it was possible, but I’ve officially been linked on not one but two (mostly) gossip sites: Nicole Bitchie and MzVirgo. Shocked? Yeah. Appreciative? Certainly. I must be taking tips from Gangstarr.
p.s. – Anticipate a positive post, a post about why your future’s so bright, you need to wear shades, and a post about NYC. I’ll definitely need your participation on that last one.