Wow, my face feels like a lemon-meringue stuffed pie. And I’ve been blowing my nose all day trying to get the stuff out. Ugh! This is the first time in what feels like a year or so I’ve actually been sick, versus in previous years when I’d be sick every week or two. I’m proud of my upkeep. Nonetheless, this change of weather is really messin’ with my immune system … not to mention a driver in need of a reality check. Who the hell blows their horn from 4-6AM consecutively?! Who? Inconsiderate asses.
But no, I didn’t call in sick. Rather, I just let the chips fall where they may, and do my thing.
OK, a meme, courtesy of NYC Educator:
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I’m a little younger than most of my readers. Let’s just say I’m certified to teach myself from 10 years ago.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Read some more of my latest Men’s Health mag.
- Get ready for tomorrow.
- Find an exit strategy for this crazy cold of mine.
- Buy tickets to go to the Dominican Republic.
- Watch some basketball before I go to sleep.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- Some banana-walnut muffins
- Peanut M&Ms
- Some of that Cold Stone Ice Cream, yummmmmm …
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Shower the people I love with love, word to James Taylor …
- Make my own school.
- Publish a couple of books.
- Invest my money so future Vilson generations can have more money.
- Travel the world.
- Attend all those events I wasn’t able to when I was a little less loaded, like an NBA All-Star Game here, World Series there …
5) Three of my bad habits:
- Sometimes I’m so focused on my writing, I tune out everything else, and I mean everything else.
- I have a hard time expressing myself, and that can come across as callous.
- I forgive, but never forget …
6) 5 places I have lived:
Only lived in one. NYC.
7) 5 jobs I have had:
- Basketball manager
- Concession worker at a movie theatre
- Data entry clerk
- Intern at a financial corp.
8) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
- Friedrich Nietzche
- Arturo Schomburg
- Karl Marx
- Lolita Lebron
- My grandfather on my father’s side
- Raul Julia
I tag … the starting line-up of the Los Angeles Lakers, since they’re not busy with anything right now.
jose, who can’t believe he’s this sick with only 33 days left for school …