A few notes:
- Hannah Nguyen bursts onto the scene with a comment at Michelle Rhee’s Teacher Town Hall last week. Check this out! [InspirEDucation]
- Richard Rothstein just earned himself a new fan with his dissection of Secretary of Education Arne Duncan’s assertion that integration should be “voluntary.” [Economic Policy Institute]
- Contrary to popular belief, the general public values math the most out of the general subjects taught. More on this soon, but please read this. [Gallup]
- The New Republic makes the case for the wild child. No, really. [The New Republic]
- Salome Thomas-El chimes in about the school year with a passionate post about passionate leadership. [ASCD Inservice]
Flabbergasted & incensed by ppl quoting MLK to me in their advocacy of bombing Syria. These ppl obv have a thimble-deep knowledge of King.
— Charles M. Blow (@CharlesMBlow) September 7, 2013
Too many people have proclaimed hard work and success at the expense of lying about their predecessors work that got them there…
— Marvin Bing (@marvinbing) September 7, 2013
Back to school time for us NYC folk (and a few others, surely). Let’s get this party started!