A few notes:
- Most of my readers have seen Dan Meyer’s TEDxNYED talk on YouTube, and if you haven’t, it’s worth a look. What’s important about this link, however, is the resistance to that type of teaching. Check the comments. They reveal some of the issues with education as a whole. Read on. [Kitchen Table Math]
- Sign the petition. Have the MLB All-Star Game 2011 moved from Arizona. Boycotts work. [Move The Game]
- Charles Murray puts another fork in the “charter schools are better” argument. [New York Times]
- Willie Colon, salsa legend, finally settles the financial battle with former partner-in-crime Ruben Blades. Thank God that’s over. [El Vocero]
- Irony never escapes me. Nor George Orwell. [Politics in the Zeros]
Writing this week about writing, that baseball and education, and the idea of transparency. I’ll probably curse at some point, too. Peace, and happy mothers’ day.